The State of Children in Memphis & Shelby County was first published in 2006 with the initial purpose of compiling the best available data on children in our community. Many individuals and organizations were gathering important information on children, but the 2006 Data Book was the first time that the data had been assembled in a single document.
We hope that the Data Book will be a useful tool for government leaders, service providers, educators, and all community stakeholders who desire positive changes in Memphis and Shelby County. We believe that the evidence it presents for the importance of children’s earliest years provides clear direction for community efforts to improve the lives of our children and the future of our community.
For more information on The State Of Children In Memphis And Shelby County or to request a speaker or program guest, please contact Katy Spurlock at email@example.com or at (901) 385-4233.
Data Book 2013
Web Edition PDF Download
- Introduction Introduction
- Brain Development: Conception to Age 3 Brain Development: Conception to Age 3
- Demographics Demographics
- Health Health
- Family & Home Environment Family & Home Environment
- Education Education
- Promising Practice: Memphis Child Advocacy Center Promising Practice: Memphis Child Advocacy Center
- Special Interest Section: Child Sexual Abuse Special Interest Section: Child Sexual Abuse
- Community Community